EVENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Mid West Simon Sleep Out event is about showing solidarity with those who haven’t got a place to call home. Our goal is not to replicate their experience or pretend to be homeless. But by coming together for one night, and by giving up our usual comforts, we aim to raise awareness, and funds in support of individuals and families facing homelessness in the West during this critical time of need.
This Event is being held in Thomond Park, Limerick and Virtually and is controlled by Mid West Simon Simon Community (Registered Charity No. 17187).
- Only registered Participants are eligible to take part in the Event.
- A personalised iDonate fundraising page will be generated for each Participant upon registration. Registered Participants will also receive helpful info, fundraising tips and ideas by email.
Health & Safety, Legal and Medical
- Registered Participants are responsible for organising their own fundraising activities. You must run all activities in line with all relevant laws and guidance, including Public Health guidelines regarding coronavirus (Covid-19).
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part. If a participant is unsure of their physical ability to take part, they must seek medical advice from their General Practitioner. Although we are encouraging Participants to find an unusual place in their home or garden to sleep, all locations chosen by Participants must be suitable and safe i.e. ensure that locations chosen will not result in harm to either yourself or others participating with you.
Sponsorship Monies & Donations
- Money that you raise on your iDonate fundraising page is sent directly to Mid West Simon Community, less the small transaction fees that all payment providers charge. You don’t need to take any action, your job is simply to spread the word as far and wide as possible about your fundraising goal.
Sponsorship cards are also available on request and any funds raised offline can be easily added to your fundraising page, here’s how.
For alternative options to return offline funds please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 061 608980.
Please note that participation in the Event is entirely at your own risk and, so far as permitted by law, Mid West Simon Community shall not be liable in connection with your fundraising or the Event, nor for any consequential, indirect or special losses incurred.
Multimedia & Consent
By publicly posting images, videos, or any other multimedia content, or by sharing same with us by email, you are consenting to their use by Mid West Simon Community for marketing purposes. Please do not post or share multimedia content of people without their permission or without the permission of their parent/guardian.