The Food Bank & Distribution Coordinator supports Mid West Simon by facilitating the smooth functioning of the Foodbank program on a day-to-day basis and other donations. The Food Bank & Distribution Coordinator supervises both paid and unpaid (volunteer) program staff and ensures that the warehouse is a clean and safe work environment. The Food Bank & Distribution Coordinator is familiar with and practices the principles of supporting people suffering from food poverty in all interactions on behalf of the organisation.
This position is supported by funding from Limerick City and County Council and the Social Interventions Fund
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of these essential duties at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Reporting to the CEO
- Assist with coordination and supervision of volunteers in all areas of food bank and other donations operations.
- Receive deliveries and coordinate donation pick-ups. Manage stock rotation, processing, and preparation.
- Manage the deliver groceries to homebound participants.
- Monitor and report inventory to ensure inventory levels are maintained at acceptable levels.
- Facilitate efficient and appropriate distribution of food to clients.
- Facilitate ongoing cleaning and maintenance of food bank facilities.
- Ensure necessary documentation and reporting is completed.
- Ensure operations meet and/or exceed sanitary guidelines and regulations.
- Respond to special needs presented by clients (e.g., walk-ins, conflicts, etc.).
- Manage all food bank operations.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability for this position.
- Ability to work effectively within an extremely diverse community.
- Comfortable working in small groups and team environment; capacity for directing and supporting volunteers.
- Capable of effectively assessing client needs and determining when referral or calling for assistance is appropriate.
- Familiarity with basic concepts and practices related to mental health assessment and intervention.
- Willingness to proactively seek supervisory input, resources and information needed to accomplish job.
- Relevant Third Level Qualification
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous supervising experience a plus.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office applications.
Hours and Compensation: –
Fixed term contract 12 months
Weekly Hours: 28 hours per week
Salary, €30,000 pro rata
Holiday entitlement: 25 days p.a. pro rata
Applicants must complete a Mid West Simon application form and submit it with a cover letter. If you have further questions, please contact Jackie Bonfield, CEO, using this link: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located at 36 Eastlink Business Park, Ballysimon Road, Limerick or call 061/603240
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, November 21st 2017@ 3:00PM